January 10, 2008

Peer Pressure from Sally Field

There is a raft of favorite movies that we watch over and over when they happen along. The other night we watched the last several minutes of Burt Reynolds and Sallie Fields in 'Smokey and the Bandit.' Just the part from where all the patrolmen in the state are chasing them and Jerry Reed and that dog are leading the way.

We missed the part where Jerry Reed stops and the dog goes swimming in a pond by the side of the road. The last time I was on Highway 54between Fayetteville and Jonesboro, there was a realtor's sign on the property with the pond.

We didn't miss the part with Sally Field smoking a cigarette and making a rude gesture to the patrolman. She's come a long way to where she just takes a pill for her bones once a month, we agreed.

2 comments:

deborah wilson said...

Jean,

Smokey and the Bandit wasn't my favorite movie...In my opinion the best acting was done by Jerry Reed. I like Sally, she matured into a good actress. Burt is ok, but I liked him best in "Deliverance".

Jean said...

Since then, we watched the last thirty minutes or so of 'Smokey and the Bandit 3' which only has a cameo of Burt Reynolds, and Jerry Reed drives the fast car.

I thought the best performance was by Jackie Gleason. As the plots and the other actors' parts deteriorated, he only got better as the one-track minded sheriff.

My fav Burt Reynolds movie is a toss-up between 'Starting Over' and 'WW and the Dixie Dance Kings.' Goofy roles are his best.

I Blog Here & Here too