Twelve 'must-haves' according to Style at Home dot Com:
• A leather club chair • A decorative throw • An ample sofa • A wool area rug • Quality stainless steel flatware • A crystal vase • A 48-inch round pedestal table • Crystal or fine glassware • 500-thread-count cotton bedding • White dishware • A pharmacy lamp • Original art
• A leather club chair -- do two comfy leather recliners count? I don't sit on mine, so there's a spare when Daddy Senior's wears out.
• A decorative throw -- we have an electric throw (plaid), a down throw, afghans -- anything warm for wrapping up is kewl with me.
• An ample sofa -- we've not room for ample. The old hide-a-bed will be replaced soon with perhaps an ample loveseat.
• A wool area rug -- we don't have this. I'd like one.
• Quality stainless steel flatware -- I love good stainless. I hate eating with anything less than a sturdy fork or spoon.
• A crystal vase -- Two tiny waterford vases that I sent off in the mail for years ago, and a large vase I won as a door prize.
• A 48-inch round pedestal table -- To think that the other day I was thinking we should get rid of our 48" oak table, 35 years old!
• Crystal or fine glassware -- only for show in the china cabinet
• 500-thread-count cotton bedding -- all cotton, not necessarily such a high count. I really like a flannel top sheet in winter.
• White dishware -- I have a whole set of white Hutschenreuther china that I don't think has ever graced a table. I like white Corning Ware for oven cooking, and decorated dishware in addition to white. I love mix and match dishes.
• A pharmacy lamp -- they amended this to be a swing arm lamp, classic. We have modern swing arm desk lamps, wall mounted swing arm lamps with tole shades in the bedroom (clears the bedside tables for other items) and a regular classic swing arm floor lamp.
• Original art -- does Daddy Junior's 7th grade nail and string art project count? And Miss Alma's early 70's still life with tangerines?
It's just another magazine 'list' but I was surprised how many of the items we have.
National Pollinators Week June 19-25 - It's National Pollinators Week. I signed up for Million Pollinator Garden Challenge. At least I think I did. I didn't get a message that my info reached th...
6 months ago