August 25, 2009

Blooming Tuesday for Butterflies

Some of my Favorites:

Spicebush Swallowtails on Pentas


Spicebush Swallowtail on Porterweed in front of Esperanza (Tecoma stans)

Blooming Tuesday is hosted by Ms.Green Thumbs. Visit her to see links to other Tuesday Blooms blogs.



Gulf Frit on Porterweed


Clouded Sulphur on Tithonia


Buckeye on two colors of Lantana

More Tuesday Blooms On Secrets of A Seedscatter, my Garden Blog.

I took more than 100 butterfly pics this morning. Fewer than 20% were good enough to save. The sun was wrong, the butterflies did what they do best --flew, my hands shook, or I failed to wait for the auto-focus on the other 80%. Then I had to choose 5 for the post. There are more from yesterday and Sunday that you haven't seen.

5 comments:

kenju said...

Grat photos; I love that last one! So colorful.

Jean said...

More great butterfly photos! Amazing! Jean

Carla said...

They look very happy at your place! Your porter weed is much darker than mine.

Coffee with Cathy said...

Beautiful! Thank you for your determination and persistence to get some good butterfly shots for us to enjoy.

Anonymous said...

ah at last, I could find this post again. You have few [url=http://tipswift.com]useful tips[/url] for my school project. This time, I won't forget to bookmark it. :)

I Blog Here & Here too