April 29, 2010

Flowers in the City

No pics, I didn't take a camera. I missed whatever was blooming around the old capitol building in Tallahassee today because I was watching the traffic which we have to keep with the flow which is pretty fast for right turns. I did see the corners across the street. On the west side were violas, big pretty clumps of violas in all shades of mostly lavender to purple. They are in shade and may last longer than mine which are in sun all afternoon.

On the sunnier east side that slopes are petunias in every shade one could imagine. He-who-mows likes the cacaphony of colors -- I know cacaphony refers to sounds, but you can almost hear these petunias they are so loud.

On the next corner as we go south is a wonderful bed of calendulas. Next fall I must remember to plant more calendulas in a timely manner. Yellows and golds and oranges, too beautiful.

No pictures today. A viewer from Gorakhpur on a NIB server (I know the IP address) spent 40 minutes on my site today downloading the last 15 photos I posted. My pics are not that good, people! Please leave a comment telling me why you need images from my garden and ask before you gobble them up if you are taking more than just a pic you need to remember a combo that I used or some similar use.

2 comments:

. . . Lisa and Robb . . . said...

How could you tell they were downloading images? What tracking program are you using?

NellJean said...

Statcounter

I Blog Here & Here too