May 04, 2010

GROW Project May 2010 update

'Spitfire' Nasturtiums planted inside the first week in March are growing as expected. By April 1, they were peeking over the side of the basket. As they stretched, I gave them an improvisational carpentry trellis of red cedar branches.



The pics are of the 'front' of the basket where they've grown toward the sun and the back which shows their little trellis. I turned them around today so they can follow the sun back to the other side of the trellis.

I'm worried about hot humid weather taking them out, which has been my experience in the past. I kept back some of the seeds for another trial in the fall when I can better control their environment.

We had 3.7 inches of rain last night. They will need some fertilizer as rain washes out nutrients in the potting soil.

I'm growing Nasturtium "Spitfire" for the GROW project.
Thanks to Renee's Garden for the seeds.

No comments:

I Blog Here & Here too