May 31, 2010

More Daylilies and a Visit to Sycamore

Some of these were not blooming yesterday when I made pics. Every day is a happy surprise in a garden with daylilies.


Silver Veil on the left; Fairy Tale Pink of the right.

Little Gypsy Eyes with a beautifully clashing self planted rose campion. The red daylily on the right might be Superlative, Kent's Favorite II or a red seedling. I forgot what I planted there with red pentas.

I am pretty sure these are Kent's Favorite II. I might be wrong.



Byzantine Emperor planted with Echinacea on the south side of the Oval Lawn.

Belinda's Dream Roses and Little Business daylilies



I found this video on You Tube. It was filmed by Bobby Baxter of Happy Moose Daylilies at the Daylily Farm of Tim Bell over at Sycamore, GA about a hundred miles from here. Tim Bell's Daylily Garden is one of many around here, but his is known as one of the prettiest.

Video by Bobby Baxter of Happy Moose Publications at the Sycamore Daylily Garden of Tim Bell.

All other flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean at www.seedscatterer.blogspot.com in the hot, humid depths of Southwest Georgia where Hemerocallis are a daily summer delight in the season. We were blessed with 0.8 inch of rain today.

1 comment:

Floridagirl said...

Great post! Your daylilies are beautiful...you have a huge collection! Loved that video as well. Will have to make a sidetrip next time I'm driving through Georgia this time of year.

I Blog Here & Here too