May 23, 2010

Whites by Night

Sometimes I go out near dusk and take pictures. Sometime they turn out quite interesting,  particularly  white flowers.

White Crape Myrtles have commenced bloom.
The white Crape beds have yellow flowers.
I'll plant a rooted Salvia leucantha in this bed
to hide the ankles and later the maturing stems of lilies.


Pawpaws are blooming, host plant for Zebra Swallowtails.
Critters will eat the fruits that form as soon as they ripen.
I used a stylized pic of Asimina spp. for a new header.

.
Only slight chances of rain for the next few days.
I want to water every Gardenia bush. They are heavily loaded.

All flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean at www.seedscatterer.blogspot.com in the hot, humid depths of Southwest Georgia where Gardenias are opening daily and their fragrance floats on the breeze. Join us in a glass of iced Ruby Tea, dark and barely sweet.

My big afternoon plans are to mend the hoses with holes that Buffy chewed and water, water, water.

1 comment:

janie said...

I need to check my gardenias to see if they are budding yet. Last year, they bloomed very early, but not this year.

We are now enjoying the white crape myrtles. The white ones have wonderful fragrance!

I Blog Here & Here too