June 14, 2010

Buffy and I dragged hoses and placed dribblers all day. It was 99 degrees by midmorning. I made pics for Bloom day, much too many to post. I wanted to show every little bloom -- people do that, you know -- but there were so many. Perennial phlox is just coming into bloom. Crape myrtles are opening while the white crapes which open early are starting over. There is a huge clump of Tithonia where I laid spent plants last year.  I wound a flexible soaker hose through the stump bed and everything perked up. Anyhow, Bloom Day collages will grace Seedscatterer on the 15th tomorrow.

Today's Prettiest Flower:

This lily is taller than I am. My nose comes to the bottom bloom which is very fragrant. It isn't Casablanca, but I've forgotten the name or even when it was planted. It might be Versailles, with the raspberry spots faded because of the heat. Lilies have a secret life underground. You can't be sure where they'll come up, whether they will bloom in a given year, or how they'll look.

Today's Blossoms:

Clockwise from top left: Little Gypsy Eyes, Superlative or maybe Kent's Favorite II; Salmon Sheen, and Byzantine Emperor, all blooming in the heat. Byzantine Emperor that bloomed early by the driveway in the brick ruins beds has already put on a second set of scapes for rebloom.

Pet of the Day:
Buffy takes a break from Household Chores.


Flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean blogged on Dotty Plants Journal in hot, humid Southwest Georgia. I've had several glasses of Ruby tea today in the heat. I even iced my morning coffee.

1 comment:

GardenJoy4Me said...

NellJean this was too cute : )
I understand the heat and humidity .. Americans sometimes don't believe we suffer from that type of weather .. but you can believe me .. we DO !
I love your helpmate with the brush in her mouth .. now that is a smile maker for sure : )
Your plants are beautiful too ! I have to do a bit of rearranging ? with my pictures .. I have so many it is over whelming ... eekkk ! haha
Nice post girl !!
Joy : )

I Blog Here & Here too