June 07, 2010

Buffy's Daylily

Buffy's Daylily Bed has stones, and a buff colored bitone daylily grows there. This daylily is a seedling of my daylilies and was without a garden name. It now is officially Garden Name 'Buffy's Daylily.'



A wet Buffy sits on orange Violas earlier this spring. The rest of the pics are current.



Other plants in Buffy's Daylily Bed are Maroon Mexican Hats Ratibida, Verbena bonariensis, Calfornia poppies, Yellow Lantana and 'Dominic' daylily.



I just planted Chartreuse alternanthera cuttings where daffodils
died back. Daffodil stems are still visible.



The Buffy Bed is nearer the highway past the bed where 'Victoria' Salvia  farinacea is featured with yellow Ratibida. Lilacina Crape Myrtles showing signs of buds are the last to bloom here.


Flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean at http://www.dottypants.blogspot.com/ in the hot, humid depths of Southwest Georgia USA where designs seldom turn out the way I planned. Sometimes with the help of self-seeders, they are even better.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Perfect name. I love the color of your daylilies. Also, the blue salvia sure does add a lot to your garden.
I like your gardening style and I have learned a lot from looking at your blog and your combinations. So...thank you!

I Blog Here & Here too