May 21, 2011

Daylilies are not Lilies but they Hang Out Together

  Little Grapette miniature daylily. Wants a new companion behind, maybe a full-size daylily in pink.

Silver Veil, waiting for perennial companions to grow, Persian Shield and pink Pentas.

Seedling Daylily from seed I gathered in somebody's pretty bed.

Lilium. Algarve or Elodie, I forget.
Little Business daylily fronts this bed.

Old red hemerocallis at the end of the day.

Dazzle lily and friends

Longiflorum/Asiatic Lily Hybrid.
These are among the longest-lasting lilies in my garden.
Some more spectacular hybrids died out or were eaten by voles. 

Next fall I plan to plant daffodils around each lily bulb I plant
to see if that discourages voles. I plant daylilies in front of
some daffodils to help hide dying daffodil foliage.






Flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean blogged on Dotty Plants Journal in hot, humid Southwest Georgia.

1 comment:

kenju said...

Beautiful lilies!!

I Blog Here & Here too