August 29, 2011

Butterflies and Periwinkles Persist through Dog Days

This first video features a Dogface Sulphur and then a Pipevine Swallowtail butterfly.

video

If you wonder what I'm saying, I was complaining about the butterflies running off when I approach with a camera. "Here she comes! they seem to say .... and they hide."

video
This vid is a Giant Swallowtail nectaring on Madagascar periwinkle.
They nectar on Tithonia, Lantana and Periwinkles with enthusiasm.

Periwinkles are setting abundant seeds.

Palest pink periwinkles are my favorite, here with a sprig of
Duranta hanging over.

Buffy, blending in.




Flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean blogged on Dotty Plants Journal in hot, humid Southwest Georgia.

1 comment:

Karin / Southern Meadows said...

Love seeing your butterflies! I spotted a Giant Swallowtail in my garden yesterday but I wasn't quick enough with the camera. Hopefully it will stick around. Your garden is looking so nice in August.

I Blog Here & Here too