August 25, 2011

Here's my Hat. What a Hat!





Guess whether this is
1) My veil for when we renew our vows
2) A bug hat to keep gnats out of my eyes and ears
3) Part of my Halloween costume
4) All of the above.

My neighbor suggested 5) Proof I'm a real redneck.


I will never, ever get used to gnats. I usually tie a bandana over my ears and go out looking like I belong to the Bloods if a red one is all I can find. I saw a man on TV the other day who makes a net 'gnat hat.' I thought I could make one... cheaper than 12.95. The lady who sold me the tulle at Walmart said the one she bought in Sporting Goods had coarse mesh and let the gnats in, the tulle was what I needed. The peach ribbon is what I had. I thought I had white shoestrings but couldn't find them. The black billed cap came in the mail when Lane subscribed to 'Automobile' Magazine. I had to have something to keep the tulle from against my face.



Flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean blogged on Dotty Plants Journal in hot, humid Southwest Georgia.

2 comments:

Elephant's Eye said...

So I can be truly deeply grateful - that I don't have to battle gnats!! We do have them, but not so they make my life a misery ;~)

Blotanical? Says server down. First time I have tried today. What do you think? Progress or a hiccup?

cathysue said...

a real stylin' redneck. :)

I Blog Here & Here too