October 26, 2011

Getting Ready for Cold and Wet

Not really blooming, colorful foliage of Joseph's Coat.
Oh! Look! Up in the left corner just past the Crape Myrtle.
What IS that?

Acidanthera bicolor, or by its new name, Gladiolus callianthus.

I bought the bulbs in the spring and then forgot to timely plant.
They are only hard to 25 degrees. Perhaps the stones will
mediate the temperatures enough that they will survive.
Inexpensive enough to try again next year and plant in time.

Grandma's Yellow Rose, Sunny Knockout and Knockout.
Belinda's Dream is still blooming too, perhaps the sturdiest of all.

Gulf Frits are still about on Lantana.

Skipper on Duranta

Heliconia, my favorite House Plant, outside for a drink and shower.

As the weather cools, everything tender must move inside:


More views of what's in the Greenhouse are in the Greenhouse Here.

Flaunt your flowers with Tootsie




Flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean blogged on Dotty Plants Journal in Southwest Georgia where the weather is getting cooler.

1 comment:

Tootsie said...

OMG hello!!!! I am so glad I got time to go to everyone's posts this week!!! WELCOME!!! I am your newest fan....and would like you to know I plan to return when ever I get the time.
I also want to talk to you about an interview about your greenhouse for another series I have going on...contact me pleaseeee???? gduchak@shaw.ca
It does my heart good to tour around the gardens that are linked into my little party...I so wish every one of the people who share lived close enough that I could walk the gardens in person. Thank you so much for sharing with me this week...I hope you will again very soon!
I am sharing this post on my Facebook page for Tootsie Time
Hugs and smiles from Alberta Canada to you!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

I Blog Here & Here too