November 21, 2011

I Haven't Given up on Blotanical. Yet.

Have you noticed the new Blotanical Logo?


It links to some information about when we might expect Version 2 and promises weekly updates. There's a link to follow Stuart on Twitter, if you have a Twitter Account. I don't.

Meanwhile, I'm hopeful that new members are not discouraged when their posts don't show up or cannot be picked. Some old members, too.

Picks are sporadical on my part. So are comments on blogs I read. I'm seeing more of your blogs on Facebook.

Then there's that Google thing. I keep getting notices that I've been added to a circle by someone I never heard of and don't know how to check them out. It gives me a creepy feeling.

Thanksgiving rolled right up here in no time at all. February will be here before we know it.

What do you think?


Meanwhile, I'll be spending my time here:


among these:

and this:
mesclun.



Flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean blogged on Dotty Plants Journal in hot, humid Southwest Georgia. We had a freeze and then it was hot again.

6 comments:

Elephant's Eye said...

Nell Jean, Susan in the Pink Hat and I were chatting about the new logo over on Google Plus. As she pointed out, we are using mousepads, not mice. Er mouses?? I like the LOOK of the new logo.

Be brave, come and talk to us on G+. Come on in, the water is lovely! I'm keeping an eye on Blotanical, but if so many are Not Here, it is not worth my time and effort either.

Karen said...

I don't know what to make of Blotanical either. Most of all, I guess I don't understand the whole concept; am I supposed to use it as a 'reader'? But then I have to go to their site to look at blogs that I have listed on my sidebar (which is where I usually read them from) and this is yet another step I have to take (I'm lazy) so half the time, I forget to go to Blotanical to vote. I spend way too much time on the computer as it is without making my life more complicated. Don't get me wrong, I think Blotanical is great if you use it all the time, but I'm too scatterbrained to figure out the best way to read all my favorite bloggers just yet. And now they're changing Blotanical? Oh, I give up! lol

Gloria, Dakota Garden said...

Hi, I must admit to rarely visiting Blotanical....I was gardening. but, I did visit Blotanical yesterday. Love your greenhouse!

Veronica said...

Thank you so much for your visit and I will have to see how the ginger cookie house turns out!

Looks like you are in for some fun in your green house...now there is something that have been on my wish list as in forever!

Veronica
Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds

Autumn Belle said...

I love the Blotanical new logo. I actually thought it was some kind of leaf insect camourflaged as a leaf that looked like a green mouse! Regarding Google and new Blotanical, so I am not weird after all and it is only only me who is experiencing strange happenings. As for Facebook, recently one of my 'friends' posted a message that says that I am behaving like a 'stalker' having been ranked in the top as having viewed her profile thousands of times but why would I do this? I don't spend much time viewing my own stuff! Oh, luckily I didn't forget to enjoy your lovely garden. Happy thanksgiving!

abendwolke61 said...

love your greenhouse and the white camellia, must be a huge plant :-)

I'm on Google+ but did not look actively into finding fellow gardeners (must look for Elephant's Eye ;-) )

I Blog Here & Here too