November 15, 2011

November's Wide View

Town Mouse has a lovely First Views meme that I missed on the first of the month but I'll catch up here.


November 5, 2011


Photo above and below taken on November 7, 2011.

Here we are looking down the steps at far left on the first pic.


November 13, 2011
The Purple Heart is limp; Alternanthera is seared.
They'll be covered with pine straw.
I had already pulled Melampodium and Madagascar periwinkle
in anticipation so I didn't have to see annuals all frozen.

I'm focusing my attention on plants that tolerate cold: here Violas and Rosemary

... and an old Camellia sasanqua that laughs at a little frost.

This is a great meme; I always have better views on the First than on the Fifteenth, or was it just my imagination because I forgot there was a Blog Party for the first?

Go see Town Mouse and join the fun.








Flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean blogged on Dotty Plants Journal in hot, humid Southwest Georgia.

3 comments:

Redbush said...

Our green grass has turned to cold winter weather this week. What a shock! We should be used to it by now, but, I'm still not.

Town Mouse said...

Wow, those blue violas (or pansies?) are eye popping! Thanks so much for joining.

Country Mouse said...

I think we gardeners see more of what is not there than what is there - your views are lovely and lack nothing, in my eyes!

I Blog Here & Here too