November 30, 2011

Treasures in the Out of Doors

I got the notion to fill a wire tiered basket in the greenhouse with greenery from the garden and a few trinkets from a half century of collecting Christmas.

I clipped greenery from junipers and boxwoods. I decided a few cuts from loropetalum might make good contrast to the greenery. I was surprised to find fringes of blooms on some of the loropetalums.
One dogwood still had red berries but I abandoned cutting berries when I realized the same twigs had next year's buds. Just before I came in out of the wind, I found a last orange rose.

All the treasures went into bottles on my tray where I put bits and pieces to enjoy.

Charisma, the last floribunda bloom.

Dogwood berries and late leaves.

Loropetalum fringes.

... and the Christmas decors for the greenhouse, including
a rose campion plant, pecans and a red nutcracker.





Flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean blogged on Dotty Plants Journal in hot, humid Southwest Georgia.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I love your tray of "bits and pieces to enjoy." I need to do something like that. So often when I go out to garden it's just work, and not enjoyment.

Karen said...

Nell Jean, you have such pretty arrangements. I need to work on my outdoor (and indoor) decorating very soon. I just don't have the beautiful things to display like you do!

I Blog Here & Here too