January 15, 2012

Bloom Day in the Greenhouse, January

Red Begonias

Pentas


Alternanthera and Pentas

White Begonia and Hyacinth bulbs
Variegated Alpinia, Gerberas, Begonias
Gerbera Daisy

Forced hyacinths and a pot of tulips at far left. Hyacinths will bloom in time for Valentines Day.
Kalanchoe and Begonias

Begonias, Persian Shield and Epiphyllum cutting.

Begonias, Pentas and Foxtail fern
Purple alternanthera weaves through
everything under the south bench.

Duranta cuttings bloom all winter.


Flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean blogged on Dotty Plants Journal in cool Southwest Georgia.

7 comments:

TheGardeningBlog said...

I have greenhouse envy :)
Happy GBBD.

joene said...

It's no surprize that you've filled your greenhouse with beautiful plants. I'm jealous.

Bernie H said...

So wonderful to see your greenhouse packed to the rafters with lovely plants. What a feast for your eyes over the winter.

Gone Tropical said...

yeah! I can comment :-)
I like your greenhouse, and wish I had one!!

The word verification feature does not bother me, since I do understand its purpose. How does it go at your other blog, seedscatterer.wordpress, (it allows me to leave a comment)do you get a lot of spam on that blog?

Kathy Sturr said...

How wonderful! I must say I am in love with all those Pentas. It is one of my dreams to someday have a small greenhouse. Yours is inspiring, especially with all those blooms.

NellJean said...

Wordpress and Blogger have slightly different methods of handling spam and allowing comments. I do get spam at Wordpress but it's stuck in limbo until I allow or destroy it. I don't mind deleting so much as I mind comments from foreigners who tell me that my post wasn't very good and then leave advertising. I'd rather not allow them to leave their waste for me to clean out.

The purpose of word verification is to assure that a real person who can read and think is posting. If there's no interference, a bot (script) from a remote computer can leave the same message on thousands of unsuspecting blogs that do not have that extra step.

NellJean said...

I'm crazy about Pentas, too. Butterflies flock to them in the summer, which is my primary reason for taking so many cuttings. Not all cuttings 'take' but I think I get an above-average outcome. I hope you get a greenhouse, Kathy.

I Blog Here & Here too