January 31, 2012

I Saw a Tiger -- I Hope He Finds the Greenhouse

I wish I'd had time to switch the camera to video function. Upper quadrant, toward the middle....

I could hardly believe that the movement I saw in the grass was a butterfly. A Tiger Swallowtail, out too early, just like the flowers that are blooming much too early. I was able to get a pic only of his fluttering wings. When next I spied him, he was going over the boxwood hedge and a Mockingbird was headed into the boxwoods. I gave up the chase so he'd only have the one predator to elude.

Here's where I was headed:

Not much has changed except I added a top shelf to the brown
unit that holds seedlings and cuttings, getting ready for more.

Graptopetalum paraguayense rootlings from dropped leaves are
growing quickly, as are the rooted piece of kalanchoe at top and
some chlorophytum babies and sedum acre in broken pots.

The doors are wide open and bumblebees are busy going in and out.





Flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean blogged on Dotty Plants Journal in warm  Southwest Georgia where it isn't supposed to freeze during the next week. Maybe we'll get rain.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

What a fantastic greenhouse! I want one in my backyard that makes me feel just like I do whenever I walk into the Conservatory of Flowers in San Francisco. I love that feeling.

I Blog Here & Here too