March 08, 2012

Azaleas and Tigers Are Here

Papilio glaucas arrived yesterday. Azaleas are opening everywhere. Butterflies are swarming them.

 A Tiger Swallowtail on 'Pink Pearl' Azalea.



 Let's look more closely.


 I wanted to show you every color of Azalea and the Sulphur and Spicebush Butterflies, too. They'll be here for a while. Let's savor this one.

We're celebrating Fertilizer Friday at Tootsie's. Azaleas are fertilized after blooms fade. Pruning is done after bloom also. Azaleas like a little leaf mold and/or pine straw mulch over their shallow roots.


Flowers and text are from the garden of Nell Jean blogged on Dotty Plants Journal in warm, humid Southwest Georgia.

10 comments:

sabri said...

Very pretty flowers..following from tootsie's..

Bernie H said...

Simply beautiful ... the Azaleas and the butterflies.

Zinnia said...

Beautiful azaleas. A very beautiful picture of the butterfly .. I wish you a wonderful weekend! Zinnia

Becca's Dirt said...

You caught that butterfly perfectly and I see a bee buzzing too. I love the azaleas. Have a nice weekend.

Crafty Gardener said...

the azaleas are gorgeous

Darla said...

Love that pink. I am seeing some butterflies around here too.

Tootsie said...

I am just so happy to have the chance to visit here today!! Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all could tour each friday's flaunting gardens together and in person? I would love it!
I wish I had more time to visit all of my favorites everytime you post!
Thank you so much for linking in and sharing your post with my party today! Those are some gorgeous photos of the butterflies on the blooms!!!
I have shared your post this week with the Tootsie Time Facebook page.
Have a wonderful weekend!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

xinex said...

Beautiful azaleas and the butterfly is really pretty too...Christine

Andrea said...

Wow, that is an amazing combination. From the title, I thought they are really tigers, until i see the photo. Even individually they are both awesome!

Teresa O said...

Those azaleas are gorgeous and oh how I miss the spice bush that smelled of cloves in my side yard. Butterflies are still but a dream in nw Ohio, but the robins are back in full song.

I Blog Here & Here too