June 07, 2012

A Cloudy Day, A Little Rain, We All Feel Better

We’ve had 1.5 inches of rain. Marvelous June weather, not too hot but oh, so humid!

DSCF6621
We’re eating tomatoes, peppers and eggplants from my container patch.

DSCF6670
Tropicals are blooming. Brugmansia left in ground over winter, back from roots.

DSCF6679
Natives are blooming.
I like the Black eyed Susans that have mahogany on the inside edges of the petals.

DSCF6690
Lilies overwhelm. This is Dazzle.

DSCF6694
Seedlings are starting to bloom, cuttings are starting to fill in.
Melampodium blossom, Alternanthera cutting behind.

DSCF6708
We’re getting a lot done.

I plant out a handful of seedlings and cuttings every day.
Some days I prune some shrubs. It will all get done.

Let's all go to Tootsie's Fertilizer Friday party.

4 comments:

Darla said...

Nice! We have been getting quite a bit of rain here, loving it!

Beth said...

Your brugmansia is glorious! Looks like you are doing some major yard work!

Haddock said...

Just wanted to know what a container patch is?

NellJean said...

In answer to Haddock, a patch is a small plot of land devoted to vegetation. My container patch is just a little plot out back where I set my vegetables in containers.

It's southern colloquial, I guess. If you know the story of Brer Rabbit: "Please don't throw me in the briar patch." We plant plots of vegetables: turnip patch, bean patch, tomato patch pea patch.

I Blog Here & Here too