February 06, 2013

Gipsy Queen Hyacinths

I can never decide on a forever favorite.

Gipsy Queen, frequently described as Apricot, Orange or Pink.



These are less mature. Tight buds hardly hint at the beautiful color.
Only a few blues left.
 
2012 Hyacinths in Pink shades.
 
 

Mixed Hyacinths. I like to separate them into what I believe will be pastels,
yellow and whites, and blues/purples. The bulbs may be pale, tan or dark.


The real trick is to plant early or late blooming hyacinths
together so that they bloom together.
Gipsy Queen, Top Hit and Pink Pearl in a previous year.
 
 
A last look at Gipsy Queen, 2013.
 
 

4 comments:

The Tuckshop Gardener said...

LOVE that deep pink one which is in the supporting cast. Do you know the name of that variety?

Tootsie said...

Oh I am so happy you linked in today and shared with my little party! I love seeing the tips, tricks and inspiring photos everyone has to share! I am getting ready for spring to pop and seeing everyone's shares always inspires me! I hope you will link in again very soon and flaunt with me and the others again!
I am sharing this post with the Tootsie Time Facebook page... if you haven't already "liked" it...please do so if you wish!
hugs from Alberta Canada!

Until Next Time... Happy Gardening!


(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.
www.tootsietime.com

Beth said...

Your hydrangeas are gorgeous! A breath of spring for sure!

Alicia said...

They're gorgeous! have just plain blue in my garden. I will have to look into getting some more colours.

I Blog Here & Here too