February 28, 2013

Grapevine Wreath on Potting Bench

 
Alison suggested putting something on the back of the potting bench that
I will see as I come into the greenhouse. I tried a grapevine wreath.
 

What do you think, do I need something more colorful to hang on the back of the potting bench? A sign? A plant on the shelf that hangs over? I have spider plants. Pennant flags? Something I haven't thought of? Plant the grapevine wreath with epiphytes in the manner of Rainforest Balls? I have Christmas Cactus cuttings and rhapsalis.

4 comments:

Alison said...

A plant that hangs over would look good. Or epiphytes (air plants, maybe?) stuck into the wreath, I like that idea too. I don't remember seeing the little bistro set yesterday, it looks like a great place for a sit and a cup of tea.

kenju said...

I'd use something with color; a sign with a garden related quote. I have one I found at Tuesday Morning.

NellJean said...

You didn't see the bistro set, Alison. It has to shuffle in and out according to the weather. It's back out now except for one chair to make room for pepper plants in pots until after the coming freeze.

It's hard to maintain a 'cute' area when you're trying to actually grow something and make room for heaters and things when the weather turns bad. I am determined to sit out there out of the wind.

Janie Jurkiewicz said...

Sadly, I have the hardest time getting past the word thing..but maybe I'll make it this time...love the new header on the blog...

I Blog Here & Here too