February 20, 2013

Peeks at Strobilanthes, Epiphyllum oxypetalum and Ferns

 
 Epiphyllum corner. Night Blooming Cereuses wait here for Spring. There are four big plants crowded up together here. Come spring, I'll trim the ugly leaves and move the pots outside to shade.

Bird's Nest Fern was not happy in the house in an east window.
Here under a shelf, it has put on new leaves. It needs frequent
scruitiny for scale or mealy bugs, which appeared last year.

My new ceramic cache pots with Pentas plants in each.
Pentas are waiting for warm weather, they are not fond of
winter in a cool greenhouse, but these have blossoms.
 
I thought of a use for the red pots I passed up and will look
for them when next I'm in town.

Persian Shield has commenced winter bloom. One of my favorite plants,
I started rooting a piece of Purple Heart in each pot for even more purple.

Happy little pot of violas outside the greenhouse, plants from saved seed started last fall. .
 
 

2 comments:

NellJean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janie Jurkiewicz said...

Love the persian plant...and the last flowers...Johnny Jump ups?

I Blog Here & Here too