April 29, 2013

Greenhouse Notes for late April

Heirloom Tomatoes are starting to Sprout! Every one except Green Zebra has tiny cotyledons. I see signs that Cassias are sprouting, too.

I watered thirsty plants in the greenhouse. We had two tenths of an inch of rain today outside.

I planted out some Daturas, both Purple and White, together. I started both together so that the white are 'socks' for the bigger, darker Purple.  They're all together with Pink Brugmansias and purple Daylilies.


I put a soaker pipe in the Greenhouse bed. Gerberas and Pentas are blooming.
I don't know when Dianthus barbatus will bloom; biennial seed planted last fall.

View of the whole length, and a tiny green pepper if you look close.

The newly cleaned (by He-who-Mows) propane tank is so nice I had to show it. I always wanted to paint it to look like a Yellow Submarine, but white reflects more heat.


Leaving you with something pretty: the last potted Amaryllis.


1 comment:

Janie Jurkiewicz said...

I love the greenhouse...my visquene is tearing right now so I will have to repair it...just to keep the integrity of the frame I guess, if nothing else...too hot to put anything in it.

I Blog Here & Here too