April 27, 2013

Roses Are Best Viewed Near the Ground

My pictures taken from high in the air did little to showcase Roses, which are better viewed up close.

This is the top side view of what He-Who-Mows sees when he walks out of his farm building: Belinda's Dream with blousy pink blossoms, Red and Pink Knockouts, Rose de Rescht just now putting on a bit of foliage and hardly noticeable -- we'll catch her fragrance later when blooms come on. At the end is Reine des Violettes clashing beautifully in lavender.

Little Business Daylilies will bloom soon in front of the KOs, as near as I found to the same color in a Daylily as Red Knockout .

Red Knockout is his favorite.

Red Knockout

 
 
 I am partial to Roses with fragrance. Here, Reine des Violettes in all its wide open glory, just getting started for the season.\

A cane pegged, now starting to break dormant buds along its length.
The cane to the upper left has blooming buds along its length.
 
Oh. Everytime I see this picture I intend to go immediately and get pinestraw to cover that cardboard.
 
Later.


3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Beautiful....and I agree about looking much better close up.
I laughed when I read "he who mows". That's my husband! :)

Janie Jurkiewicz said...

Aside from the Altissimo...my knockouts were the first ones blooming...they do make a great landscape rose....wish they made better cutting roses....

Dee Nash said...

'Reine des Violettes' is a wonderful rose. I grew it for many years. Your greenhouse is excellent. Enjoy those tomatoes.~~Dee

I Blog Here & Here too