May 20, 2013

Heirloom Tiomatoes Are in the Ground

A month ago I planted seeds of 8 kinds of Heirloom Tomatoes from TomatoFest that I won.

Today I put 20 plants in the ground. He-Who-Mows dug my little plot and I smoothed the ground into two rows and marked off spaces. Buffy was so much help that she had to go in the house to rest before she got in real trouble.

I planted 3 of some and 2 of others for a total of twenty in 2 rows of 10 each. He-Who suggested that I plant them 3 feet apart in the row. Thirty inches worked out well for the length which we didn't measure ahead of time.

Tomorrow I'll give them a drink of SuperThrive, and shade them if they look wilty.

I should record the names and where they went in case my homemade labels get lost in the dirt.

Let's see if I can remember:

From the west end: Flamme, Black Krim, Green Zebra and Black Cherry

Row 2: Brandywine, Staffords; Kellogg's Breakfast, Aussie and Dagma's Perfection

There are more plants. He-Who-Mows suggested that I plant them in flower beds. That would work.

I was too tired and dirty to make pictures. Didn't think of it before I started.

No comments:

I Blog Here & Here too