June 18, 2013

Lilies and Gladiolus Simple Arrangement

After last week, I vowed to have no more highly scented flowers or a big arrangement.

I vowed to have no more than will fit in a bud vase.
 
These Gladioli bulbs came from Dollar Tree,
years back when they had such in early Spring.
 
One little spike of Larkspur left, tall enough
for the vase when I cut it off at the ground.
 
Regal Lilies were a fav of my mother.
Once when we visited, she had Regal lilies and 
a sheaf of Larkspur in a white ceramic container.
 
Looking carefully for Black Swallowtail caterpillars, I cut some umbels of
parsley and some curling wisteria tendrils.
 
Regal Lilies have a heavy fragrance somewhat like the scent of Noxema skin cream. If we can't live with this smell, next week I'll use Orienpets that have little or no fragrance. I like the encouragement by Erin to use our garden flowers to make a weekly bouquet for the house.
 
 
Join the Garden Appreciation Society for week 6. Show us your bouquet, please.

4 comments:

Tammy N said...

Love the wisteria tendrils! I might have to try that. Beautiful bouquet!

Janie Jurkiewicz said...

Okay...why not have big arrangements or highly scented arrangements? Is the smell overwhelming? I love big arrangements in my home but I usually do a bunch of small ones and it's cumbersome to clean up.

Diana Studer said...

Mine is a jug full of white pelargoniums and lavender harvested when I cut the front path free.

Erin @ The Impatient Gardener said...

The wisteria tendrils are such an interesting addition to a gorgeous bouquet. Those glads are just beautiful.

I Blog Here & Here too