August 21, 2013

I Saw a Zebra Longwing Butterfly!

I did, I saw a Zebra Longwing. I had handtrucks rather than a camera because I was moving some stones. I'm always moving something. We have had a week of stick patrol because of the winds that accompany thunderstorms which are almost daily here.

This huge limb fell last night, smack into the top of a big boxwood.
It leaned against a small branch until we toppled it over onto the ground.
It's hauled away now.
 
When I returned with a camera, I was rewarded by a buckeye.

The Zebra Longwing was long gone, but the Buckeye hung around for some nice poses.
 
The broken pecan limb was covered in Resurrection Fern.
 
I had not seen a Zebra Longwing in more than ten years. I was so excited to see it and I hope it returns with friends and lingers while I get pics.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Janie Jurkiewicz said...

Fantastic. I was never interested in butterflies until this year...I don't even notice the flowers for them, sometimes.

NellJean said...

Somebody asked me the other day how I learned all their names. "One at a time," I said, just like my friends' names.

I Blog Here & Here too