December 07, 2013

Christmas Cactus

Schlumbergera at its finest. I used to think Christmas Cactus growing was difficult. Every little piece will root. So far I have three different cultivars blooming. None are named except for what I call them. There is a White, a Scarlet and Trudy's Red named for the dear lady who gave me cuttings of 5 different.


These first two pics are of the a Christmas Cactus I bought after the Holidays one year for $2.25.

I distinguish this one from the one below as Scarlet.


I call this one 'Trudy's Red' because it is different from my Scarlet,
with white at the base of the petals.

Trudy's Red and Trudy's White in all sizes.
The colors yet to bloom are toward the back.

Two shelves in the greenhouse are devoted to Christmas 
Cactus in all sizes. There's even two tiny shoot rooting now.
Anything more than a single leaf gets laid on a pot of soil.

Besides the red and white there are pink, peach and yellow yet to bloom.

I put this mug in my kitchen window after I got him potted up.

1 comment:

outlawgardener said...

I love these and have a couple that live in my upstairs bathroom on the sink. They are covered with bloom this year admae me smile every time I see them.

My other Blogs