February 11, 2014

Sliced Pineapple

When cold weather was on the way, I took cuttings of Pineapple Sage Salvia elegans. They formed roots.

Recently I was opening a can of sliced pineapple and thought, 'Why not plant Pineapple Sage in these cans?' I rinsed them out, punched holes in the bottom and was careful to save the labels.

You can see a glass jar full of rooted cuttings behind the cans. I'll put them in regular pots if we don't eat more pineapple soon.

Pineapple Sage 2012 ready to plant.

All the plants will go into the garden when spring comes, so I didn't try to preserve the labels. They'll last long enough. When the sun gets hot they'll fade.





2 comments:

Alison said...

What a cool idea! Pineapple sage in pineapple cans.

outlawgardener said...

Perfect! Now go eat more pineapple. One could start all kinds of vegetables this way...hmm.

I Blog Here & Here too