I found the caudex (structure just above the root) with one leaf attached, flung in the yard and abandoned by whatever tried to destroy it. Likely a squirrel. I figured he had eaten it; probably sensed that it was poisonous. I could now account for all the pieces, just can't put them back together.
I scooped up the caudex and attached leaf and gave it a little pot of soil in which to rest. A good sprinkle of water and it's over on a shelf to see what develops.
I realize now that I should have used Perlite. Since I don't have any that was moot.
The pot with the roots is still sitting there. Eventually I'll pull out the roots, replace the soil and plant the Guzmania trio in that square pot.
National Pollinators Week June 19-25 - It's National Pollinators Week. I signed up for Million Pollinator Garden Challenge. At least I think I did. I didn't get a message that my info reached th...
11 months ago