August 01, 2014

Itsy Bitsy Yellow Mushroom

When I watered a Pothos Plant the other day, I noticed tiny yellow mushrooms and then forgot about them.


By today when I watered the cap had broken off the stem but I made a pic anyway.

Searching tonight how to make a driftwood heart, I ran across a site where somebody asked about mushrooms in their houseplant pots and there were my mushrooms!

Leucocoprinus birnbaumii, aka Lepiota lutea, the yellow houseplant mushroom.

If you want to know more about this common houseplant mushroom Tom Volk will tell you all about it.  

2 comments:

outlawgardener said...

What a sweet surprise! Thanks for the link to more info, I'll go check it out forthwith!

southernruralroute said...

These must be epidemic this year. I have no recollection of having them before this year. I did a post this summer on this same mushroom.

I Blog Here & Here too