October 15, 2014

October Bloom Day Outside the Greenhouse

There are no blooms to speak of inside.

Outside is an abundance of crimson Salvia elegans blooms.

I tucked Pineapple sage between Gardenia plants on the north side. Plants in full sun did not fare so well. I need to take cuttings.

Lantana montevidensis on the south side.

By the door a rusty well bucket with no bottom holds
Sweet Alyssum and a Gerbera Daisy from seeds of a white.
A spoon mashed flat in a vise in a pot beside these is 
stamped THYME using an alphabet die set. 

A few Begonia Bits not worth a photo and some blooms on my Tall Tomato plant are the blossoms inside. The Tall Tomato that I shook faithfully in hopes of some pollen finding the right spot now has tiny tomatoes -- I counted five before I gave the plant some fertilizer.

There's a plant inside with a fat bud that I can hardly wait for bloom.
Clue: it's a big blossom and fragrant and two months ahead of schedule.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, oh, oh! Is it one of your Epiphyllums about to bloom?

Jean Campbell said...

No signs of bloom among the Epis. It's a bulb that I wasn't expecting to throw out a bulb so early.

Jean Campbell said...

A bud, not a bulb, above.

I Blog Here & Here too