December 07, 2014

Holiday Cactus

Schlumbergera and its cultivars are labeled as Christmas Cactus or Thanksgiving Cactus according to who does the labeling. I decided to call them Schlumbergera or Holiday Cactus because blooms on mine coincide with no particular holiday.

Some of these are trying to open for Christmas.

Behind the Red Cactuses on the middle shelf is a tray of light colored Cactuses that may not bloom by Christmas.





Another look at my newly constructed planter on the left, the blue pot with a pale colored Cactus with very young buds. The Christmas Tomato in the corner just keeps putting on more fruit.

As I moved the pots around I found some kind of black mold on one and a tiny worm on a cutting. Inevitable broken pieces are lying on small pots where they'll be stuck after they callus a bit.

1 comment:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

The Christmas cactus is lovely...I haven't had one in years! I love the idea of the Santa mug you shared with me, but it wasn't my idea. Thanks so much for stopping by!

I Blog Here & Here too