January 18, 2015

A Bit about Hyacinths

It may be a while before we know if I killed the blooms 
inside the Hyacinth bulbs.
They're starting to show points of green. 
Some of them pushed themselves out of the ground. 

2015 may not be the best Hyacinth year I ever had. 


This may have been 2012.

2013 was a good Hyacinth year, too.


I would plant Gypsy color again.

2014 I got fancy with Sedum acre in the pots. 

I looked around outside yesterday. Hyacinth foliage is showing up in the garden. One brave little pink flower bloomed before the last freeze, only to be frostbitten and brown. Its companions are more hesitant to show themselves just yet.

Next year it's back to purple shades. Please, help me remember.

2 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

I scouted for nice moss to top the pots this afternoon. After the rains we had there is nice thick pretty moss along field roads where I can scoop up nice bits, leaving some to grow on in every clump.

outlawgardener said...

Moss will be lovely to top your pots. I hope you do get blooms this year as I bet your greenhouse smells heavenly when you do!

I Blog Here & Here too