February 17, 2015

Hyacinths Were like Planting a Box of Chocolates

"... you never know what you're going to get," said Forrest's Mama. She was right.

I bought a mixed bag of 15 Hyacinths with 7 different colors on the package front. I divided them by bulb color, think that the light tan bulbs would surely be white and yellow which it looks as if they will be.



The purple bulbs I figured for blue and maybe a pink or two. I think there are some surprises in those pots.




Do I see orange? Can that be beet-red? First to open is a darker pink than what I usually buy. Am I going to have Fiesta pots?

I made plans earlier to buy certain colors next fall. I may try this again instead. It's exciting to see something different than expected when the weather is less than ideal outside.

2 comments:

outlawgardener said...

Fun surprises after that suspenseful wait!

Les said...

I do love the smell of hyacinths, but with all of those, you could be run out of your greenhouse in a day or two.

I Blog Here & Here too