February 18, 2015

Mule Barn Footings Dug

Ready to pour concrete as soon as the inspector comes by.

 If you need perspective, the farm shop beside it is 50' wide.

The Mule Barn will be about the size of a 2-car garage.



 

I am so excited to get this far. It was cold this morning and will be colder tomorrow. 

When the floor is poured, then the Steel company will fabricate the building. I don't know exactly how long concrete has to cure but progress will be slow for several days, then the building goes up quickly.

In case you missed that little tidbit, my Mule is a Kawasaki Mule utility vehicle, not an animal. 

It's been 60 years since Mama used to help me catch the neighbor's mule kept in our pasture and put a bridle on him. I rode the mule to the neighbors and waited while Mr. Vincent plowed his garden. Then I led the mule home because it was all sweaty from the work. The Mule I ride now never gets tired or sweaty, it just has to have fuel if I want to keep going. 



3 comments:

outlawgardener said...

Exciting to see this progress! You'll also use this for garden storage, right (head house?)

Alison said...

Good to see the progress! I did wonder what mule it was, I must have missed that.

Jean Campbell said...

Inspector signed off yesterday. Today's high is only expected 44º so concrete pouring is holding off until tomorrow.

This is supposed to be MY building for any and all garden purposes.

I Blog Here & Here too