April 09, 2015

Narcissus Seeds

There is an ancient Daffodil that blooms early here of the 'King Alfred' type planted here about 50 years ago and of great sentiment.


It was the only Daffodil I brought inside this winter and spring.

The other day I found seed pods, some still with seeds about 2 mm. smaller than a daylily seed. I gathered what was left and brought inside.


These were the pods. I planted the seeds. 
I'll let you know next spring if there are any tiny seedlings. 

I always picked off seed pods. Now I read it doesn't matter.

Depending on whose advice you read, I could have Daffodils in 2 years or 5. 
I'll wait. 


1 comment:

Alison said...

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for success. I love these kinds of long-range experiments, where you take a chance on seeds.

I Blog Here & Here too