June 03, 2015

Agapanthus Update



Still waiting for buds in the Front Beds where Storm Cloud and the regular blue grow. I think this fall I'll dig and pot some of those. Maybe the rest need to be in a sunny bed somewhere. I think I have just the place: front of the Mule Barn.

We get all excited about spring bulbs. Summer bulbs are just as marvelous. I am enjoying Kniphofia and Gladioli right now. Oh, and Lilies! The Asiatics bloomed and now LA lilies; the longest lasting are the plain white. I am more appreciative of white flowers than I used to be. 




4 comments:

Alison said...

My first lily is flowering, and some of yours are done. I've been wondering what you're doing with the Mule Barn, if you've started planting around it. I don't recall a post about it.

outlawgardener said...

This certainly answers the question you posed about this beauty in a previous post, "will it ever fully open?" It sure is beautiful!

Anna K said...

Ooh - that is beautiful! I completely agree - summer bulbs are the best. Can't get enough of them...

Jean Campbell said...

The Mule Barn has only a small bed in the front on one side, the landing on the other. The fill dirt there was full of Nut Grass -- Nut Grass really doesn't deserve capital letters -- and Bermuda. Mostly I just pull, pull, pull, dig, dig, dig, mulch,mulch, mulch and add compost there but I did stick in a piece of rooted white Lantana which is surviving. I thought yesterday about moving some Agapanthus there because it is so sunny after about 11 am.

I Blog Here & Here too