Skipping Bloom Day in the greenhouse while I get ready for winter blooms.
Trying to clean the greenhouse. The top is scrubbed of black mold. The inside must be washed to remove green mold. The sides and ends are partly cleaned.
Couldn't find the extension pole. Made do with taking a scrub brush off a handle and putting it on the light bulb changing pole. Car wash brushes do not have long enough handles to reach the very top.
Started moving out pots yesterday. All blooming size Amaryllis are outdoors.
Amaryllis needs to dry off and be cut back in hopes of winter bloom.
Guess Amaryllis seedlings will just keep in growing. Wonder what would result from crowding several seedlings in a single pot?
Need to take empty cache pots and other accoutrements outside and clean, then replace.
Think I'll rip down the grapevine swag and lights. Old lights need tossing; replace with some I bought after Christmas last.
Ambitious project. Outside GH landscaping is full of Bermuda grass on the south side and front.
The north side is in pretty good shape; Gardenias have done very well. Calla lilies are dying back.
There was a problem with a credit card yesterday and it was cancelled because, they said, a merchant was trying to charge the card with bogus charges. They're sending a new one. A bulb vendor was to use that card when they get ready to ship my bulbs in a few days. Sigh.
National Pollinators Week June 19-25 - It's National Pollinators Week. I signed up for Million Pollinator Garden Challenge. At least I think I did. I didn't get a message that my info reached th...
5 months ago