September 13, 2015

Slow Motion

Cooler weather means busy work.

Plants that summered outdoors will be moving back inside when I get the greenhouse washed.

The only Neoregelia to bloom this summer has a pup. Just one so far. I used to pull the pups off when they got a little size to them. Some plants will continue to throw out pups until there's hardly anything left of the original plant. I think I'll leave these in the pot and see if they make a colony the way some of the other Bromeliads do.

 I managed to take a few cuttings. The pelargonium that I bought this summer yielded some nice cuttings.


Besides the geraniums, I have tomato cuttings and Brugmansia cuttings.


I left this Pentas in a pot. Caterpillars almost ate it up. It is recovering. Susie told me that she has no more pale pink Pentas.



 I have only one pale pink Pentas that survived the winter, so I need to take some cuttings of that right away. She also has no white. More cuttings. It is a little late for cuttings but I think they will be warm enough in our September.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Yes, it will soon be time for me to sort out my greenhouse too. I intended to put together a Bromeliad tree this year, but never got around to it. Maybe I'll do it just before I have to put them all in the greenhouse. They'll take up less space hanging from a big stump.

outlawgardener said...

Ah yes, time for the fall migration of plants back into the greenhouse. I've started cutting the tomato jungle down and am finding all kinds of fruit. Hard to decide which couple of tomatoes I might let stay for the winter. Maybe thy'll all go.

I Blog Here & Here too