December 13, 2015

Bloom Day Preview in the Greenhouse

Enthusiasm waned. Plants went on without me. Hyacinth bulbs are finally out of chill and in pots.

Schlumbergera:








There are other blooming plants but these are the most startling. I gave away a rooted Persian Shield, a Gerbera seedling and something else I forget to a delightful visitor named Lillie, 20 years older than me, after we toured the garden in my Mule. And seeds! We gathered seeds of everything outside that had pods.

It was wonderful encouragement, her visit. 

2 comments:

Alison said...

The Schlumbergera flowers are so pretty, especially that salmon one. I bought one with that color last winter, but it didn't thrive.

outlawgardener said...

I just potted an amaryllis and some paperwhites so they won't bloom in time for Christmas but the new year will bring some cheerful color and scent. You inspired me to get quite a few hyacinth bulbs which were planted in pots earlier and are getting chilled outside. The pots will come into the greenhouse one at a time soon. Your Schlumbergeras are gorgeous as always!

I Blog Here & Here too