Spring is really here! There are still plants to set out and plans to make.
Pentas
I ended up with 3 dozen cuttings at the end.
Graptopetalum and Sedum acre in a broken pot arrangement.
Neoregelia Bromeliad and pink Begonias
Fibrous rooted Begonia cuttings
I keep reading that Impatiens have fallen to a fatal fungus. I learned years back that in this hot climate, impatiens were going to demand oceans of twice-daily watering or they would faint and fall over. Wax-leaf begonias are a tough substitute.
Angel Wing Begonia
Cane Begonias are also easily rooted. I'm going to try planting some outside in the garden.
The Easter Cactus is a bit late. These are the first blooms open and more buds coming. What looks like snow on the Arrowhead vine is sawdust from a carpenter bee, making a nest under the bench.
Orchids are not really in the greenhouse. They prefer the climate in the house.
Orchids are not as finicky as I used to think and the blooms last for months!
Happy Bloom Day.
Bloom Day the Meme -- join at May Dreams Gardens with your host Carol.
Please remember to leave her a message.
3 comments:
I love the way you group your plants. It's given me some interesting ideas for my succulents.
Hello NellJean, it seems like we have some plants in common. I have those pentas too plus a red one which turned out to be more floriferous. However, our province climate is hot and dry so can't grow begonia just as we grow the others.
Do you ever get caterpillars on your pentas?
I was recently talking about the button weed caterpillar, the tersa sphinx... And heard complaints that it also used penta as a host plant...
Post a Comment