These are last year's Hyacinths. This year I have Pink Pearl and White Pearl. In another week thry will be ready to pot up after a nice chill.
I needed a few extra of larger sizes and found a display with some great unglaszed square pots imported from Viet Nam. The glazed pots from Viet Nam that I bought years ago at the dollar store held up well. These all rang with a great tenor. I'll show you them later after I get them unwrapped and lined up for planting.
The only thing better than a single bulb in a clay pot is a big pot full.
One of these is Pink Pearl. I think the one above might be China Pink.
Peink Pearl is one of the best forcers.
This was a single bulb, forced and then planted in the garden.
Eventually after a few seasons, the bulb split into three.
Appleblossom Hippeastrum bulbs are on their way to me
Amaryllis need clay pots, too.
For years I was under the spell of 'forcing' bulbs in water and stones.
No more. Every bulb goes in a pot soil now.
Mama always forced paperwhite Narcissus. My favorites are Hyacinths and Amaryllis.
No comments:
Post a Comment